Sunday, August 06, 2017

Ellie and Vonna's Ribbons...Home from the Fair

~ Greetings and Warm Welcome ~
to all my friends!

I want to thank you sincerely from the bottom of my heart for all your kind comments on my previous post celebrating my Grand Champion of Needle Arts win!

Yes, I am still walking on air!

You all expressed interest on the results of my decorated cookies and here is the results for me:
Champion of Cookie Class!
There were three and two were eaten in the judging. The comments on my comment card were:
"You have created a wonderful cookie - texture perfect, flavoring perfect, superior taste, moist and delicate. Best tasting decorated cookie I have ever consumed. Icing/decorating superior. DARLING! Expert technique!"

Untitled

I'm glad I participated in the Foods Division this year. The only drawback is: The sticker ribbon on my name plaque there...IS the ribbon...you don't get a real ribbon :(
That's sort of disappointing.


Many of you have asked about Ellie's 4H results and she did spectacular this year as well. Here is her haul:
2017 Fair Ribbons Ellie

GRAND CHAMPION: Achievement Record Book
Reserve Champion: Fine Arts Alcohol Marker
Reserve Champion: Fine Arts Watercolor
Honor: Fine Arts Pencil
Honor: Fine Arts India Ink
Honor: Foods III Chocolate Zucchini Cake
First Place: Fine Arts Colored Pencil
First Place: Creative Writing
First Place: Electricity III

We frame our most special ribbons...and here is Ellie's 2017 Best Ribbon: GRAND CHAMPION

GC 2017 Ellie


and here of course is mine...They gave me my name plaque too :) Had to save that for memories...I've fretted so many years over wanting it so badly!

GC 2017 watermark

Here is my ribbon haul....
I had a doggone GREAT year:
Grand Champion Needle Arts (!!!)
5 Champion Ribbons
1 Reserve Champion
2 Honor Ribbons
1 First Place Ribbon
2017 Fair Ribbons watermark

Ellie and I both have special boxes that we keep our ribbons in and each year we add to them. I always love to see how my collection grows each year...

Now to get stitching for next year. I've been in a stitching slump so...
I need to get OUT of that!

Until next time...
I will be smiling and laughing and loving and doing only the best, good deeds I can....
life is short...join me!
Love in Stitches,
Vonna xxxx

24 comments:

  1. It's a Pfeiffer dynasty! Hooray for both of you. So well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! We (fellow stitchers) are walking on air with you! Am so glad you are keeping your ribbons--years down the road they will mean even more to you. Do you have a good recipe for a lemon cookie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Vonna, congratulations to both you and Ellie on your spectacular showing at the fair this year. What kind of boxes do you both use for your ribbons? Wonderful that you took the top award in the cookie class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huge congratulations on all of your achievements for both of you, wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to you and Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you and Ellie! Woo-hoo - how nice to have your talents and skills recognized by others. I bet this will help you to rediscover your stitching motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just wonderful. I am happy for both you and your daughter. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to both of you! That mermaid cookie is divine. I would never be able to eat such a piece of art. Happy sewing! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so pleased for both Miss Ellie and her mom!! Well done ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to you both. Very well deserved I'm sure. Would love to know more about Ellie's achievements.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done ... cheers for both of you. Memories to last a life time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so happy for you and Ellie! Hope you get out of your schlump soon. You have ribbons to aim for!!! LOL

    Happy stitching (and cookie baking).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spectacular accomplishments ... that must feel awesome, both mother and daughter. Congratulations to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Major congratulations to both of you. This year's competition has been a full success for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Vonna and Miss Ellie! Looks like the Pfeiffers cleaned up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations to both of you. How proud you must be of Ellie!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow - you two did great! Like mother, like daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats. You both deserve them indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on all your ribbons! That's quite a haul. Hope you get out of your stitching slump soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations to you both! Such a talented pair of ladies! Glad you finally got the recognition you deserve!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations to Ellie also! Wow! She is following in your footsteps, tho with a few different categories like writing and drawing. Am curious about the Electricity one?

    ReplyDelete
  23. My sister shows dahlias and so has quite the ribbon collection.The ribbons are their own reward aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations Vonna! Ellie is following your lead!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher